It is packed full of incredibly useful information and advice without being overwhelming or pretentious. It’s very user friendly and detailed for any level of gardening experience. I really like the way in which the information on each crop is laid out. Very digestible and easy to navigate. I really enjoyed the month by month breakdown of garden work. PS. I LOVE the Farmers’ special tips at the bottom of each plant listing.
Leah Hollingsworth – Toronto, ON
We are what we eat! This book is filled with sound advice and tips to get you started on building, planting, growing and harvesting a sustainable healthy garden plot, no matter how big or small your space is. It’s a must read for anyone who loves to grow.
Bil Smith, Executive Director, C.R. Centre, Renfrew County – Killaloe, ON
This book may not have flashy pictures to capture your eye, but where it lacks in beauty it makes up for it with great information. Before reading this book I never really thought too much about growing sprouts or mushrooms indoors in jars and containers, but it makes it easy and I hope for it to be a mainstay in my home. Great book, highly recommend. You will learn something new every time you open it.
Dave Keall – Aurora, ON
I would not have thought to start a worm composter for my garden without this book, and now have several tools such as pest control, soil amending and composting to help create a bountiful garden. I find myself revisiting chapters again and again while putting MacLuckie’s methods and information into practice in my own garden. A must read for new and experienced gardeners alike!
Ildaco Rutledge – Bancroft, ON
- 264 pages
- Black & White
- 8.5 x 8.5 inches
- US Trade Paper
- ISBN-10: 1543016294
- ISBN-13: 978-1543016291
- Feb 15 2017
- Gardening / Vegetables
Growing Food in Small Spaces
It provides extensive tested practical information on:
* Urban edible gardens set ups of all size ranges
* Comparisons of all types of urban edible gardens
* Monthly maintenance schedules
* Over 100 detailed plant descriptions
* Container and raised bed options
* Inexpensive season extension tips
* Most importantly: How to make healthy soil and plant the right way to prevent most garden problems from ever happening!
This Guidebook was written:
* As a complete template for courses in organic urban agriculture
* For beginners to learn how to consistently grow nutritionally high quality food in any space available
* With an emphasis on small spaces (5 sq ft) to mid size (4500 sq ft 1/10 acre) urban gardens.